John,

every time you post a message I get this yellow warning in my gmail

This message may not have been sent by: whattssonn@xxxxxxxxx Learn
more<http://mail.google.com/support/bin/answer.py?hl=en&ctx=mail&answer=185812>
Report phishing
*
*
*Why is that ?
*

On Mon, Jul 11, 2011 at 6:20 PM, john e <whattssonn@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

The gist of what i'm trying to say is that RPG got evolved, only after the
platform was already gone into decline.
Only then we got something what resembles a programming language.

Most RPG'ers and most software on AS/400, is developed with RPGIII, and
this
is still the common programming idiom for AS/400.

Ok.

So maybe i am too biased.
Maybe RPG really really is a good language.
Maybe Smalltalk and other languages spoiled me, and are toy languages
anyway.
Not a real business language like RPG (business didn't need dates before
1994 apparently).

Now i think of it, i like RPGIV.
Thinking back of the 90's, fighting with RPGIII, no support of anything i
think you really need (like local variables).
If i think back to that amateur hobby language RPGIII, yes, you are right,
RPGIV is a really good business language.

Just pitty almost all software on AS/400 is written in RPGIII.

On Mon, Jul 11, 2011 at 5:55 PM, Jon Paris <jon.paris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>