On 30-Jun-2011 14:04 , Mike Wills wrote:
We have a daily process that will be pulling data from our internet
server and putting it on the i into a work file. Because I am not
creative and am copying what we have done in the past, I create a
file called TRANYYMMDD (with YYMMDD in the appropriate date) one for
each day. I am doing this via CREATE TABLE in the .NET program.

On the i side, I do a DSPFD to get a list of the files, then use RPG
to read the created file. I want to do a OVRDBF on each file to
process it. (Boy this sounds more complicated than it should be).
Anyway, I am getting a "RNQ1011 Undefined record type is found in
file TRANYYMMDD" How do I get around this?

OVRDBF Statement:
OVRDBF FILE(TRANYYMMDD) TOFILE(&FILENAME) MBR(*FIRST)
LVLCHK(*NO) OVRSCOPE(*JOB)

Otherwise, how would you do this? I think the idea of the original
setup was to separate the daily transactions easily.

If I have understood correctly [probably not since I would expect instead of &FILENAME, to see something like &ATFILE or &PHFILE], then I think the following will assist...

Specify the desired record format name on the RCDFMT clause of the CREATE TABLE, using the identical format-name each time, irrespective of the [changing] TABLE name being created each time. Without that clause, the record format name matches the name of the TABLE, so the record format name referenced by the run-time will not always match the name originally used to compile the program [as shown in DSPPGMREF].
http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/iseries/v7r1m0/topic/db2/rbafzhctabl.htm

After that modification, presumably the LVLCHK(*NO) can be omitted as well, to enable notification of any unexpected changes.

Regards, Chuck