Sent: 06/29/2011 10:25 AM
To: RPG programming on the IBM i / System i
Subject: Re: Record lock issue

Hockchai Lim wrote:
Not an OS issue. RPG READE has always behavious like this.

Best practice: if the file is open, and it is opened in a way that it
*can* lock records, *explicitly unlock* the file before exiting the
program, unless there's an overriding reason to hold the lock.

--
JHHL
(Never afraid of the belt-and-suspenders approach)