Sent: 06/29/2011 10:13 AM Newsgroups: midrange.rpg400-l
To: rpg400-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Record lock issue

Not an OS issue. RPG READE has always behavious like this.

READE will always read the next record and attempt to lock it first before
it checks if the record it has read matches the key. So, on your example,
it will attempt to read and lock 1133 first. After that, it checks if the
record it read matches the key. In this case, it does not, %eof is then set
on. (I wish RPG compiler team can so how get this fix...)