On Tue 05-May-2011 11:29 , Venkat Reddy wrote:
I can get all kinds of information using the API QUSRJOBI. But the
library list information is only available only when the job becomes
active using JOBI0700 and JOBI0750.

Note: I can get the JOBD and JOBD library that the job was submitted
with but not the library list when the job is submitted with a set of
libraries in INLLIBL and no JOBD was used.

Any help that can be provided would be greatly appreciated

Not sure of the relevance to RPG versus CL, C, or ??? Anyhow...

While the "job message queue" is created upon success of the SBMJOB request, various other job structures may not exist or may be incomplete until the job becomes active. While the job structures do not exist or are incomplete, they remain in the domain of the system Work Management internals, and thus remain unexposed to the typical "hardened" interface like the Retrieve Job API [and even unexposed to the other OS components outside of the WM].

Even if [a portion of or] the job structure that will contain the complete library actually exists while the job is only on a job queue, then the list itself is known still _to be incomplete_ at least for the SYSLIBLE() of the subsystem; unknown until the job has become active in whichever subsystem eventually gets the job. Other special value resolutions [for other LIBL-related parameters on SBMJOB] also may not be completed until job-start, although I am not sure which. A quick peek shows that the help text for SYSLIBL for instance, says that the *SYSVAL is resolved from the QSYSLIBL at "the time that the job is started", whereas the INLLIBL taken from a specified *JOBD is established\resolved and verified at the time of the SBMJOB request as verified in a test. Thus, like when the job is active and able to change the library list, what of the library list can be inferred already to be established may in fact be just as ephemeral even from SBMJOB until becoming active.

Maybe a better question then, is, for what purpose could the transient details of the yet-to-be-established Library List provide actual value [to a retriever of inactive job details]?

Short of any effects from design-change-request asking for some way to obtain more details about the in-flux details of the library list, finding what has already been established for the job would probably be required; i.e. track down what of partially complete details of the LIBL exist in the internal job structures, however even DMPJOB [which would also requires access to the job structures] is also limited to an active job.

Regards, Chuck