Hi,

<quote>
What I am referring to is the lack of collaboration between various Open
Source projects on IBM I and also the lack of collaboration between smaller
ISV's in general.
</quote>
I don't think that there is more lack of collaboration in the IBM i open source community than in any other community. This open source community is just evolving. You will see the same lack everywhere else. It is just that this community is so small it really stands out when there is a lack of collab.

In Java there are half a dozen log frameworks and dozens of web frameworks. Where is the collaboration there?

<quote>
When I see how my Core API is meet (my core API just extends CGIDEV2 with
about 80-90 new subprocedures that may overlap even your XMLi) in the IBM I
community nobody of the "Kings of other projects" even bother to download
and try it - because "Think" if there were some areas where it worked
smarter, better or faster. So it is safer to write "I don't know it"
signaling - "I don't bother at all".
</quote>

You should not be so full of yourself.

And just if some persons/groups have (open source) software which works in the same space doesn't mean that they have to work together. They may have reasons for not doing so.

Open Source is also about freedom.

And for example I got a JSON library and you got your powerext library/framework which also handles JSON I would not use yours for several reasons. Some are: API style (every data type has to be added as a string, lack of constants (at least in your docs/examples), static holding of data internally, procedure naming/no prefix), API docs, packaging (not fine grained enough for me).

My 2 cents.

Mihael