From: rpg400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:rpg400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of hockchai Lim
Sent: Friday, March 25, 2011 12:57 PM
To: rpg400-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Time limit reached for SIGTERM signal handler.

I'm not using signals in this particular program. All I know is that
this
program has been running on our QA box for over 2 months now. It gets
ended
with ENDSBS OPTION(*IMMED) every night. Never have problem until last
night. (Note: I got that same error in QSYSOPR when I manually end it
this
morning also. But the job ended without me having to reply to that
message).

Here is the only thing that is different about last night and this
morning.
Our QA has purposely setup a invalid sever (non-existent sever). My
process
is designed to send email to notify someone when connection problem
occur
(Every so often). But the process will continue to attempt to process
the
transaction (Every so often). So, I'm thinking, because the sever does
not
exist, when the RPG calls the java's connect method, it takes up
unusually
long time before it returns control back to RPG, which may have caused
the
cancel handler to get timeout. Cancel handler gets timeout is actually
not
a big deal. But I just do not understand why the system sending that
inquiry message. The job has already ended, what is the point of
sending
that INQ message? Everytime our operator sees a INQ/Escape message, he
calls the on-call programmer, so, we got some unhappy on-call programmer
syndromes the next day :)