From: rpg400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:rpg400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx]
On Behalf Of Charles Wilt
Sent: Thursday, March 24, 2011 8:09 AM
To: RPG programming on the IBM i / System i
Subject: Re: Question about legacy coding style

I remember being new to RPG and sitting down with a pencil and paper
to figure out what MULT 100.0001 was doing....

I remember thing it was a neat trick...then a couple years later ran
across a rant about it included a description of the hoops it required
the CPU to jump through....

I started replacing them as I found them...

Charles

On Thu, Mar 24, 2011 at 8:35 AM, Joe Pluta <joepluta@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>