We actually had 2 ideas of how to do this.

The rejected one had 2 sets of DDS, 2 sets of formats,
2 WORKSTN devices. Also conditioning when we do
an operation on each WORKSTN device. No chance of compiling it wrong,
but a lot of work to create and maintain.

The one I put out only requires the /COPY and the source member.
And as I said, no slap on the wrist because you are using SEU.

With ASNA WINGS, if you accidently compile it as 5250, it skips the handler
and shows you the 5250 display on the web page.
If you compile the handler into the 5250 library accidently, the job log will give you
an error about the handler and you will get a CPF.
We plan on creating a CL program to create all our objects to minimize human error.
I am not advertising for ASNA WINGS, just saying how it works with handlers.
Your actual experience may be different with whatever you are using.

I did get the /IF directive from Mark Waterbury, but enhanced it with the /COPY.

Tom Deskevich
30 Years programming experience, 1 good idea.
Watch this post in 2041!!!