From: rpg400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:rpg400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx]
On Behalf Of Helge Bichel
Sent: Thursday, February 24, 2011 6:45 AM
To: 'RPG programming on the IBM i / System i'
Subject: RE: READE on a file selected by user

Hi David.

It's better and much more flexible using SQL for this task.

I know starting with dynamic SQL constructing the SQL with Select, Order By
etc.
and implementing the processing of Declare, Open, Fetch etc. can be a
challenge,
but done once I believe you would never go back using various SETLL, READE
processing.

Brgds
Helge