Peter's example was incorrect, as I had pointed out. It has an EXTRA apostrophe. Your change gave it 2 sets of 2 apostrophes - each represents a single apostrophe, resulting in 2 of them, as you see.

Take out one apostrophe from the 3 - like this

'130 characters containing ' +
'apostrophes an''all';

or, as we have also suggested, for a cleaner look, like this (this leaves out the trailing and leading apostrophes, except at the start and end.

'130 characters containing +
apostrophes an''all';

The rule is, any apostrophe within a character string must be doubled (another term for it is "quoted"). This is just like what you have to do with full-quotes in CSV files or in VB - nothing really different about the i or CL or RPG, other than the character used for the string delimiter.

Straight out of the RPG Reference -

An apostrophe required as part of a literal is represented by two apostrophes. For example, the literal O’CLOCK is coded as ‘O’’CLOCK’.

That, along with the documentation on continuation, should tell you everything you need.

HTH
Vern