Von: rpg400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:rpg400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] Im
Auftrag von Luis Rodriguez
Gesendet: Tuesday, 15. February 2011 15:52
An: RPG programming on the IBM i / System i
Betreff: Re: Eval variable = long text

Birgitta's translation is clearer : the text continues with the next
(blank) character in the next row.
Surely, that would be the character in column 8?

I believe is the next (non-blank) character. In the "Real life example" I
posted before, although the second line is indented, the result is:

Select zuonr, lifnr, xblnr, DMBTR, BLDAT, BELNR FROM SAPSR3.BSIK WHERE blart
= 'KM'

although the source code is:

SQL_ST = 'Select zuonr, lifnr, xblnr, DMBTR, BLDAT, BELNR +
FROM SAPSR3.BSIK WHERE blart = ''KM'' ';

Regards,

Luis Rodriguez
IBM Certified Systems Expert ? eServer i5 iSeries
--

On Tue, Feb 15, 2011 at 9:57 AM, David FOXWELL