Don't give up, Albert.

Despite the pundits on this thread, the LDA is just as valid as any other tool. These days it has very limited use but that makes it no less valid, especially as a band-aid while designing a more complete solution. The problem with band-aids is that they sometimes tend to stay in place a lot longer than intended, but that's the nature of the beast.

But don't get disheartened because some folks here complain that it's "outdated". Remember, some of these same folks advocate PHP as the language of the future for the platform. I don't know if it's more ironic that people push a language originally designed to help extend Perl as "the future" or that they say to use it because Java is "too hard". Take a look at my recent article on web languages:

http://www.mcpressonline.com/programming/web-languages/practical-web-how-hard-are-web-languages-anyway.html

You'll see that, done PROPERLY, PHP is syntactically nearly identical to Java except with none of the productivity benefits of a strongly-typed language. So take whatever you hear on the list with a grain of salt and remember, properly implemented and DOCUMENTED, the right tool is the one that best meets your business goals.

Joe

Okay, I give up.

In all honesty I don't use the LDA for new development either. It just
seemed that in the case presented it would be a reaonable choice since
the OP wanted access to data that was not being returned to his
program and seemed reluctant to change the parameters.

Albert