Mike,

Why do you need Dynamic SQL? You can change your statement to embedded SQL
by using:

EXEC SQL
select * from oncontac00 join ondept00
on coid = onid
where colast >= :COLAST_VAR +
and coid = :COID_VAR +
order by COlast
;

Also, check the use of the CASE statement. It could help you with dealing
with different conditions.

HTH,

Luis Rodriguez

On Mon, Jan 24, 2011 at 2:04 PM, Smith, Mike <Mike_Smith@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>wrote:

I'm working on a sql subfile program and I'm trying to make use of
parameter markers.
I can get it working when only doing a Position to marker, but now I
have introduced more complex criteria and I can't figure out how to make
this work effectively.

Subfile has a Position TO field. This should be a parameter marker.
Also I'm allowing user to select a specific department. This should be
a parameter marker

selct = 'select * from oncontac00 join ondept00 +
on coid = onid +
where colast >= ? +
and coid = ? +
order by COlast' ;

Do I need to set up multiple select statements for all possible
conditions?
Do I need to set up multiple open statements to coincide with the
different conditions also.

Any examples would be appreciated.

Thanks

Mike

NOTICE: This message, including any attachment, is intended as a
confidential and privileged communication. If you have received this message
in error, or are not the named recipient(s), please immediately notify the
sender and delete this message.