I think the data structure has to be defined with LikeRec as an input.

On Mon, Dec 6, 2010 at 5:22 PM, John Rusling
<jrusling@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>wrote:

This is puzzling, to me.

When I use an F-spec for the file named lmit, I can auto-load an array thus
-

flmit if e k disk
d myds ds
d custarrdata
d lcust1 overlay(custarrdata)
d lcust2 overlay(custarrdata:*next)
d lcust3 overlay(custarrdata:*next)
d lcust4 overlay(custarrdata:*next)
d lcust5 overlay(custarrdata:*next)
d lcust6 overlay(custarrdata:*next)
d lcust7 overlay(custarrdata:*next)
d lcust8 overlay(custarrdata:*next)
d lcust9 overlay(custarrdata:*next)
d lcus10 overlay(custarrdata:*next)
d custarr overlay(custarrdata)
d dim(10) like(lcust1)

but when I remove the F-specand c/ to an external desc data struc it
doesn't work

d lmitds e ds extname(lmit)

*RNF3315 20 10 The Name entry is already defined on a Definition
Specification; defaults to blanks.
*RNF7030 30 1 The name or indicator is not defined.
*RNF7301 30 1 Position of subfield is greater than length of data
structure; specification ignored.

Nothing else changed, only changed from an F-spec to ext desc data struc ?
?

Anyone have any explanation for this or run across this before?

Tia

John B