From: rpg400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:rpg400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Åke Olsson
Sent: Friday, December 03, 2010 6:18 AM
To: 'rpg400-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx'
Subject: RE: FILE TRIGGER

Another thing that I have noticed is that it is very convenient to use a tiny CL program as the trigger program.

The CL only accepts the parameters and then calls the "real" RPG trigger programs with these passed as parms.

The reason for this is that while the file is open by any user the trigger program as defined in the file is locked and cannot be replaced.

By doing as described the processing of the actual trigger can be changed more freely. Neat if emergency changes are necessary.

Med vänlig hälsning / Best regards

Åke H Olsson

Box 433   SE 551 16  Jönköping   Sweden   visit: Brunnsgatan 11
phone: +46 (0)36 342976   mobile: +46 (0)705 482976 fax: +46 (0)36 34 29 29
ake.olsson@xxxxxx    www.pdb.se

unauthorized and may be illegal.