... I don't have any requirement, for my needs it does, what I need. All, RPG is not able do, could be done in Java, better and with much more programmer performance - thats the reason behind the fact, that there are tons of Open Source in Java ande very few written in RPG. Its true, an activation group is related to its Job, running in. Activation Groups with the same name, don't share anything running in diffrent jobs.

Dieter

From: "Vern Hamberg" <vhamberg@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Friday, October 08, 2010 9:00 PM
To: "RPG programming on the IBM i / System i" <rpg400-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: avoid running ILE programs in the DAG...

Yeah, I can see benefit in that. Maybe one issue is that AGs are
within their own jobs - is it true that, even if you have AGs with the
same name in different jobs, that they are not related?

Maybe this is something to offer as a DCR or requirement to IBM, once
you and whoever else can put together a good description of the problem
and what its benefit is, to change it. I've mentioned logging in to
www.common.org - I believe there is also a COMMON Europe Advisory
Council, but I don't know if they collect requirements as we do here. If
not, you could do it on the USA COMMON site.

Regards
Vern