Dennis,
Does pmasterListArr Dim(2) represent the Customer and Rank Columns of the
array? Or is this just a 2 element array of myMasterList? If is the
former then its what I'm looking for I think.

I've read so much the last two days and tried so many things I'm having
trouble keeping it all straight. Might be time to regroup with the
simplest thing I can think of.

Thanks
Bryce Martin
Programmer/Analyst I
570-546-4777

"Dennis Lovelady" <iseries@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: rpg400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
10/08/2010 12:14 PM
Please respond to
RPG programming on the IBM i / System i <rpg400-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

"'RPG programming on the IBM i / System i'" <rpg400-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
cc

Subject
RE: Based data structure as dynamic array

Something like this?

D MasterList_T...
D DS qualified based(TEMPLATE)
D Customer...
D 6s 0
D Rank...
D 6s 0

D myMasterList...
D DS likeds(MasterList_T)
Based(pMasterList)

D pMasterList S *
D pmasterListArr S * dim(2)

... somewhere in your code

pMasterListArr(1) = %Alloc(%Size(myMasterList) ;
// check for error... if OK, continue
pMasterListArr(2) = %Alloc(%Size(myMasterList) ;
// check for error...

... later

pMasterList = pMasterListArr( idx ) ;

Dennis Lovelady
"A banker warned the British poet Robert Graves that one could not grow
rich
writing poetry. He replied that if there was no money in poetry, there
was
certainly no poetry in money, and so it was all even."
-- Robert Graves