Florin,

I apologize if I came off sounding too judgmental...

But call it a pet peeve of my that most RPG programmers seem to expect
tools and their own careers to be handed to them on a silver platter.

Many professions have "must-have" expenses associated with them. The
uniform required by the hospital my wife works at for instance. IMO,
a subscription to System i Network is a "must-have".

It seems to me that most non-RPG developers are willing to spend there
own time and money getting ahead. Perhaps it's an age thing; as many
RPG programmers started back when companies did tend to hand them what
they needed on a silver platter. But things have changed.

Charles

On Thu, Oct 7, 2010 at 5:02 PM, Florin Todor - YYZ Concord