From: rpg400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:rpg400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Alan Shore
Sent: Thursday, October 07, 2010 2:38 PM
To: RPG programming on the IBM i / System i
Cc: rpg400-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx; rpg400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Unwanted messages

Hi Florin
there is a command called RMVJLMSG that I have downloaded and now use
extensively to remove whatever message is wanted to be removed (in my
case
CPF5020)
However, it only seems to be available from systemiNetwork
The author is named Rory Hewitt

Alan Shore
Programmer/Analyst, Direct Response
E:AShore@xxxxxxxx
P:(631) 200-5019
C:(631) 880-8640
"If you're going through Hell, keep going" - Winston Churchill

"Florin Todor -

YYZ Concord"

<ftodor@concordtr
ans.com> <rpg400-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

Sent by:
cc
rpg400-l-bounces@

midrange.com
Subject
Unwanted messages

10/07/2010 02:29

PM

Please respond to

RPG programming

on the IBM i /

System i

<rpg400-l@midrang

e.com>

Hello,

I have this interactive program processing a display file with a
subfile; the user enters values in the input fields (both, Control and
Subfile records). When the values are wrong, the program issues error
messages (in a subfile message record), using QMHSNDPM API, which are
shown the next time when the file is displayed. The problem is that the
system issues, also, messages, like "Subfile Record not found" followed
by a "C" (for Cancel) and the user sees this messages, too.

My question is how could I get rid of these system messages, so the user
sees only error messages directly related to the values he enters?

(Hopefully I was clear enough with my explanation...)

Thank you

Florin Todor

Programmer/Analyst

<mailto:ftodor@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>