Yea! I has this issue at a former job and it was solved this way, courtesy of a colleague. I'd forgotten the solution and am happy to see it again. Thanks.

I did a little bit of experimentation with Joe's test program and in that situation you seem to need only

A R NOCLR CLRL(*NO)

Having the OVERLAY and FRCDTA doesn't seem to add anything, at least not in this case.

Sam