On Tue, Sep 28, 2010 at 9:34 AM, William Reger <breger1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

And No, I cannot using the DDS BARCODE keyword as this is no an IPDS printer.  I
must drive the printer vai "O" specs and control codes.

Not necessarily....

HPT can transform AFPDS spool files to ASCII, including some (most?
all?) of the barcode formats.

http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/iseries/v5r2/ic2924/books/c415713521.htm

The AFP-to-ASCII transform supports the following industry standard
bar code types:
* Code 39, AIM USS-39
* MSI
* UPC/CGPC Version A