Updates...

I still can't find a V7 PTF to fix the previous compiler support. I'll try putting the latest V7 cume on this weekend. So far as I'm aware, you can't apply a V6 PTF to the V7 previous compiler support. The V6 Open Access PTF is SI39480, which is for product 5761WDS. The previous compiler on V7 is 5770WDS option 35.

I was aware of the PRTCTL support, so my SPACEB(2) example wasn't well chosen. Basically, what I'm looking for is an API that would tell us what printer file keywords are active at the time a WRITE is done to a printer file record. That might include SPACEB, which is available from PRTCTL, but it might also be many other different keywords not accessible that way e.g. FONT, FNTCHRSET, CDEFNT etc.etc.

I'm 99% sure this isn't currently possible, but would like to flag this up to IBM as something I think would make it possible to achieve a great deal more with Open Access RPG than we can do at the moment. We'd like to be able to develop handlers that enabled RPG developers to write Excel (and possibly PDF) files using printer files and control not just the data content of those files but their appearance also, and that needs a level of information about a printer file that I don't think it's currently possible to achieve without parsing DDS.

Licensing information for 5733-OAR looks like this:

Display License Information ARIADNE2
09/09/10 17:07:10
Product ID . . . . . . . . : 5733OAR
License term . . . . . . . : V1R1M0
Feature . . . . . . . . . . : 5050
Description . . . . . . . . : IBM Rational Open Access: RPG Edition

Compliance type . . . . . . : *WARNING
Usage type . . . . . . . . : *CONCURRENT

For the compiler, it looks like this:

Display License Information ARIADNE2
09/09/10 17:07:56
Product ID . . . . . . . . : 5770WDS
License term . . . . . . . : V7R1M0
Feature . . . . . . . . . . : 5101
Description . . . . . . . . : ILE COMPILERS: RPG, COBOL, C/C++

Compliance type . . . . . . : *KEYED
Usage type . . . . . . . . : *CONCURRENT

I believe compliance type *WARNING just means you get a warning message when you exceed the usage limit, as with IBM i Access.

Pete