Hi David,

I'm afraid to say anything for fear that I might be wrong... I can't pretend that I've mastered every aspect of Apache on IBM i. But, there are some big discrepancies between my understanding and what you're saying... Here's my understanding:

ServerUserId = UserID that the *server* runs under. Dft=QTMHHTTP

UserId = UserID that CGI programs run under. Dft=QTMHHTP1 can be set to a profile, or to special values %%CLIENT%% and %%SERVER%%

The QIBM_CGI_LIBRARY_LIST variable can be set to override the default library list. You told me on 8/28 that you were setting this. If that's the case, the values of the ServerUserId and UserId variables are utterly irrelevant, except from the perspective of whether the user has authority to what was specified in QIBM_CGI_LIBRARY_LIST.

Even if I'm misunderstanding, and you're not really setting QIBM_CGI_LIBRARY_LIST, the value of ServerUserId is irrelevant, because CGI programs don't run under ServerUserId. Only the server does! They run under UserId -- though, ServerUserId would become relevant if the UserId is set to %%SERVER%% -- but that would be (IMHO) an extremely weird configuration.

And finally -- and this is where I'm not confident of my knowledge -- I don't _think_ it uses the library list from either the ServerUserId or the UserId. I think those only establish the profiles, not the library list.

But even if I'm wrong about that -- the odds that the ServerUserId is impacting the library list seems extremely slim... Which makes me think you're following a red herring.