Thanks for all responses.

I have not used date fields as often as I would like.

In JDE World software [which is my specialty], dates are stored as 6.0
numeric values in a psuedo-Julian value - dates are stored as CYYDDD. In
this representation, the first digit represent the century [when C=0,
century = 19, when C=1, century = 20], followed by the standard julian date
value.

Example:
The value 110001 is used to represent January 1, 2010.

** Another general question ***

When comparing /date/ fields, does it matter what format they are in? For
example, if I have a date field that is DATFMT(*JIS), can I compare it
successfully to a date field that is in another format, such as *ISO?

In other words, is the internal representation of a date field the same
[regardless of format], and does the DATFMT simply represent the way that it
will be displayed for human-readable purposes?

Regards,
sjl