I do this all the time with DDS.

You write to both subfiles, but use a toggle function key in the display
routine to decide which SFL is shown. You are not limited to just 2
screens worth, but like WRKSPLF, can have 3 different formats in your
F19 & F20 Function Key toggling.

Here are some examples as you requested:

You will clear and write all subfiles at once
SFLdsp = *Off ;
// clear all SFLs
WRITE CTLFMT1;
WRITE CTLFMT2;
WRITE CTLFMT3;
SFLdsp = *On ;

You will write to the SFL Line that the user wants
OPT = *blank;
Select ;
When ixxSFLFMT = 1 ;
WRITE SFLFMT1 ;
When ixxSFLFMT = 2 ;
WRITE SFLFMT2 ;
When ixxSFLFMT = 3 ;
WRITE SFLFMT3 ;
Endsl ;

And display of the SFLCTL is similar
Select ;
When ixxSFLFMT = 1 ;
EXFMT CTLFMT1;
When ixxSFLFMT = 2 ;
EXFMT CTLFMT2;
When ixxSFLFMT = 3 ;
EXFMT CTLFMT3;
Endsl ;

One helpful hint is in the DDS of the three different subfile formats,
have ALL fields defined in ALL formats. So FMT1 displays the fields it
must display, but carried along for the ride are the fields needed for
all other SFL formats, as HIDDEN fields.
R SFLFMT1 SFL
OPT 2 B 6 2TEXT('option')
... Fields that display in SFL 1 ...
... Fields that are hidden that display in SFL 2 ...
... Fields that are hidden that display in SFL 3 ...
R SFLFMT2 SFL
OPT 2 B 6 2TEXT('option')
... Fields that display in SFL 2 ...
... Fields that are hidden that display in SFL 1 ...
... Fields that are hidden that display in SFL 3 ...
R SFLFMT3 SFL
OPT 2 B 6 2TEXT('option')
... Fields that display in SFL 3 ...
... Fields that are hidden that display in SFL 1 ...
... Fields that are hidden that display in SFL 2 ...

And the RRN of the subfile is the same for all subfiles
FCUDRBCN1 CF E WORKSTN
F SFILE(SFLFMT1:rrn)
F SFILE(SFLFMT2:rrn)
F SFILE(SFLFMT3:rrn)

That's the whole thing

-========================================-
message: 4
date: Fri, 30 Jul 2010 07:07:32 +0200
from: "Bernd Dworrak"
subject: Left - Right Scroll In Subfiles

I got to display a lot of information in a 132-character-subfile and
SFLFOLD/SFLDROP isn't the technique of choice.

I wonder if it is possible to get an output similar to that, when I
use Query/400, where I can "left/right scroll" via
function keys and have complete control on the displayed data.

Is this also possible with a DDS described DSPF and RPG? If there
are
any examples, of course this would be very helpful.