You forgot to mention Open Source projects like jQuery and ExtJS,
with quite a number of millions of users - they are coded in -
OOjavascript.

No DOM has nothing to do with javascript as well as DB2 has
nothing to do with RPG - but both are manipulated by the
programming.

Henrik

john e <jacobus1968@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: rpg400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
29-07-2010 11:49
Please respond to
RPG programming on the IBM i / System i <rpg400-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

cc

Subject
RE: Future of RPG was: Open Access for RPG

Nobody sane these days programs UI code directly in Javascript.There are
powerful tools such as GWT (develop in Java, deploy in Javascript), or
even EGL CE to do this.

Btw, apart from the DOM (which has nothing to do with Javascript the
language) Javascript is a very neat OO language.For RPG'ers who want to
delve into scripting/browser UI and OO programming it's a good idea to
learn and use Javascript.It's not a difficult language and a fast
turn-around, meaning you get instant reward.It's pure OO, and even has
some "functional" aspects.Just make a simple HTML page, put some
Javascript in it and you can do all kinds of neat things.It's ideal for
trial-and-error learning.