From: rpg400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:rpg400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Kurt Anderson
Sent: Thursday, June 24, 2010 2:10 PM
To: 'RPG programming on the IBM i / System i'
Subject: Removing Job Log Messages

I created a service program called $RemoveProcedureJobLogEntries().
It will attempt to remove all messages generated by the calling procedure using the QMHRMVPM API by using the *ALL remove code. Unfortunately, this isn't capturing the "SENDER COPY." I understand why it's not - in looking at the job log, all of the other messages are TO the Module & Procedure (which I have specified in the API call), but SENDER COPY does not have this information.

So I'm left wondering, how can I remove this message as well? Ultimately, I'm happy with what the API does for me already, but it would be nice to remove this message as well.

Full information about the message I want to remove:
CPF5026 Sender copy 30 06/24/10 10:37:31.651168 QDBSIGEX QSYS 01EA QDBSIGEX QSYS 01EA
Message . . . . : Duplicate key not allowed for member EQNFMTPP.
Cause . . . . . : An output or update operation on member EQNFMTPP failed
because of a duplicate key in member EQNFMTPP file EQNFMTPP in library
KJA9LIB. Recovery . . . : See previously listed message CPF5009 to
identify the record with the duplicate key. Then change the key value so
that each key is unique and try your request again. Possible choices for
replying to message . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . : C -- The request is
canceled. I -- The request is ignored.

And for the record, this error is handled by the program, so I don't want the job log to be potentially bogged down by it (there are other things in the job log we'd rather see w/o having to work our way through this stuff).

Thanks,
Kurt Anderson
Sr. Programmer/Analyst
CustomCall Data Systems