I do not know if this will help in your circumstance or not.

One thing I have done for efficiency in batch processing of millions of
records is count every 50,000 records, pause and remove the messages
that are "noise". I do not wait till the end of the job or end of the
batch, and I do not remove messages after every record processed.

FYI: Another pain is removing *INFO informational messages from some
Never-ending-jobs that clutter DSPMSG QSYSOPR. A stupid "Check Printer
Job" that checks that printers are still writing sends a lot of noise
out. Since the pager system has processed messages, the escape messages
are no longer active, and the *INFO are just sitting there.

from: Kurt Anderson <kurt.anderson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Yesterday I thought it'd be ok to have that lone Sender Copy message,
but as I learned today, it's still too much. Our
client gives us a huge chunk of data and says, "Here." Well, 100,000+
were duplicates and caused our job to bomb b/c we
don't wrap the job log. To get this through I will wrap the job log,
but it would be ideal to remove this system
message.