I'm not sure this would cause the problem but what were you thinking?

Thanks,

Rob

On Tue, Jun 1, 2010 at 5:33 PM, Marc Couture <couturem@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

For the same invoice number you could have multiple Duns number ? Is this
inbound or outbound EDI 810 ?

“If you think education is expensive, try ignorance"

(Derek Bok, pres. of Harvard Univ. 1971-1990)

Date: Tue, 1 Jun 2010 16:55:07 -0400
Subject: Setll and Reade not working as esxpected....
From: rogersonra@xxxxxxxxx
To: RPG400-L@xxxxxxxxxxxx

Okay, try as I might I can not find an explanation for this.

In my program I am check if an invoice and dunsnumber were passed into
the
program. If so, then only one invoice is processed. Otherwise all
invoices are processed. The code I have is:

// If an invoice and duns number where passed to this program
// only process a single invoice
// otherwise process all invoice where processed = *blanks
If invoiceIn <> *blanks and
dunsnbrIn <> *blanks;
Setll (invoiceIn: dunsnbrIn) EDII810JH4;
rc = %Equal();
Reade (invoiceIn: dunsnbrIn) EDII810JH4;
rc = %Eof();

Else;
Setll *start EDII810JH4;
Read EDII810JH4;
Endif;

Dow not %Eof(EDII810JH4);

....Processing

If invoiceIn <> *blanks and
dunsnbrIn <> *blanks;
Reade (invoiceIn: dunsnbrIn) EDII810JH4;

Else;

Read EDII810JH4;
Endif;
Enddo;

I added the rc to check the values of %Equal() and %Eof() while in debug.
When I pass an invoice and dunsnumber from the file and debug the program
the %Equal() after the Setll has a value of '0' indicating an exact match
was not found. I check the file and yes the record does exist. I also
tested this with SQL adding the invoice number and dunsnumber passed to
the
program and the record was returned.

I'm stumped...any ideas?

One more thing, if I change the key to only the invoice it works.

Setll invoiceIn EDII810JH4;
rc = %Equal();
Reade invoiceIn EDII810JH4;

Thanks all,