To comment with a quote: "You assume too much."

-----Original Message-----
From: rpg400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:rpg400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Dennis Lovelady
Sent: Thursday, May 20, 2010 1:31 PM
To: 'RPG programming on the IBM i / System i'
Subject: RE: procedure parameter names

I don't know the problem environment, so my response is limited. I will
say, though, that adherence to some set naming convention is not only wise;
it is in many cases a requirement of the position. In some cases, that is
an unfortunate requirement but it's better than the job-seeking alternative!

It amazes me how quickly we will attack the intelligence, interest or
willingness of someone of whom we have no knowledge, other than our
pre-supposed ideas of how they should live and conduct their business!

Dennis Lovelady
"When a man says he approves of something in principle, it means he hasn't
the slightest intention of putting it into practice."
-- Prince Otto von Bismark

No YiPs ... that ain't the problem. The problem is that 18 of your 20
developers either have no interest or are not successful in extending
their skill set and knowledge. If they want to use such short names for
procedures/variables my guess is they are stuck at RPG III in regard to
the syntax.