Hi Dennis (and Chuck),

Someone suggested the STRSRVJOB debug solution. AFAIK that is the only way
to debug UDFs. There's a FAQ about that at midrange.com.

I've used STRSRVJOB and the 5250 version of STRDBG. I've also used the system-debugger (by using the Debugger option within Run SQL Scripts in iNav) and I've also tried using a SEP from within WDSC. I don't remember exactly which of these was where the unkillable job happened.

Although I've had issues several times (once about a month ago, once about 4 months ago, once about 9 months ago) I've already gotten past those errors. So I don't have an example handy, and I can't easily reproduce them right now to give you more details of what happens.

Next time it happens, I'll try to provide more.

But I can definitely promise you I wasn't trying to debug code that was running within the same interactive job. That certainly wasn't the problem! It happened whilst running the external proc/func from within iNav, and so I was not debugging an interactive job.

Programming error? Must be someone else's code. :) Maybe mine. :O

Ooops... did I say I made a mistake? I must've been mistaken about that :)