Hi,

I cannot for the life of me understand why people want multiple source
file names.

we use different source files, mainly to distinguish how the sources must be
generated:
All Sources located in the QPGMLESRC file will be compiled into programs
with named activation groups (PGM = Activation Group). All Sources located
in QRPGLESRC are compiled into service programs with named activation group
(SRVPGM = Activation Group). All Sources located in QUPDLESRC are compiled
into Service-Programs with activation group *CALLER. We do not distinguish
between programming languages, i.e. QPGMLESRC may contain sources written in
RPGLE, CLLE and CLE.

QDDDSSRC only contains sources for display files (if we still need a green
screen), printer files and a few old sources for to create physical and/or
logical files (with database development will only occur in SQL)

All Sources located in QSQLDDL are SQL scripts to generate SQL tables,
views, indexes and trigger programs and will be compiled into the data
library by executing the CL-command RUNSQLSTM. All Sources located in
QSQLSRC are SQL scripts to generate (SQL) Stored Procedures and User Defined
(Table) Functions, that will be compiled into the object library by
executing the CL Command RUNSQLSTM.

Prototypes will be located in a source file named QPROLESRC, the member name
for the prototype is identical to the member name where the source code for
the procedure is located.

Reference Fields and Data structures are located in another source file
named QCPYLESRC.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Best regards

Birgitta Hauser

Brown)