Folks, I have posted code at http://code.midrange.com/6d4d39e9e7.html that
is intended to exercise the cvtch procedure (to convert hex characters to
the binary data they represent).

I have struggled with this instruction time and again over the years, and
always end up writing my own. I was inspired and encouraged by Scott's
example here http://archive.midrange.com/rpg400-l/200205/msg00309.html - and
that does work great without changes on this system. However, my code does
not, and I don't see gaping differences, aside from the length of the
buffers and so on.

(Note, there was much more to this program than what you see... but I have
stripped it down to this minimum-failing module in order to support the
debugging process.

The error experienced when running this on a V5R3 system occurs when
executing the cvtch() function:

Message ID . . . . . . : C2M3001 Severity . . . . . . . : 30

Message type . . . . . : Diagnostic

Date sent . . . . . . : 04/16/10 Time sent . . . . . . : 05:18:22

Message . . . . : A domain error in a math function occurred.

Cause . . . . . : An input argument is outside the domain for which the

mathematical function is defined.

Recovery . . . : Supply input values that are consistent with the

mathematical definition of the function.

Would someone please enlighten me as to why I struggle so with this one?

Strangely enough, I never have such issues with cvthc. Go figure.

Dennis Lovelady
404-386-9745 (c)
AIM/Skype: delovelady MSN: fastcounter@xxxxxxxxxxxx
--
"I find television very educating. Every time somebody turns on the set I go
into the other room and read a book."

<http://www.linkedin.com/in/dennislovelady> View Dennis Lovelady's profile
on LinkedIn