Richard, if you want to respond to me privately and I will send you a couple
of word documents that I wrote on this subject.

I implemented what I discussed and some of it is in use. Basically the same
thing you are talking about here. I abstracted away the interface so that
anyone sending data was only sending and receiving messages which could be
anything. In this way, the front end can be anything.