Searched this archive and all over the web (actually reached the guy at
the end and he beat me)

I have this code:

dtodaysDate s 8 0

todaysDate = %dec(%date());

Exec SQL Create Alias QTEMP/OrderHeaderRemote for OHORDHP(REMOTE);

Exec SQL Insert Into WRKBATRMT(workFile, workMember,

workCMPN, workDIVN, workDPTN, workCUSN, workORNR)

Select 'OHORDHP', 'REMOTE', ohcmpn, ohdivn, ohdptn,

ohcusn, ohornr

from QTEMP/OrderHeaderRemote

where (20000000 + OHDTET) < todaysDate;

This returns no rows. If I take this code to interactive SQL and
substitute:

20100325 for todaysDate, the code works fine.

I have tried making todaysDate as packed, tried casting (20000000 +
OHDTET) and todaysDate as date, as char(8) first then as date. I have
some hair left, so please help me out.

David M. Petrosky
Programmer/Analyst
Maines Paper & Food Service, Inc.