If you are using a wedge-type of device (which is the most common way) I suggest adding a preamble that hits an F-key (maybe like F21 or something) that causes a window with just one field -- a place for the card data -- to appear. Then have a postamble that presses enter, causing the data to be sent to your RPG program.

Your RPG program then gets the scan and can put it in the right place, formatted the right way, on the interactive screen that the user sees.

When the user swipes the card, it'll just look like a blink (as the window appears and disappears) the user won't really see the scan happening.

A more robust solution would be to eliminate the wedge. Get a mag reader that outputs to TCP/IP (which is hard to find) or RS232 with a n RS232/TCP adapter (easier to find). Then use the socket API from rPG to talk directly to the reader. This keeps it off of the 5250 data stream, making it look nicer for your users... and giving you more control over how scanning works from your RPG program. However, this is at least an order of magnitude more complicated to program... and in most cases, it's more economical to go the wedge route.

Chamara Withanachchi wrote:
Yes It reads everything in the card my problem is how to format it and
display correctly. (It shows all characters in one field)