For the archives and those interested, the article is located at

http://tinyurl.com/o4pw6s

Document Number : 28942837
Document Title : Receiving Messages from the Joblog after the Program Is off the Callstack

Vern

Rory Hewitt wrote:
Vern,

Yeah, I've seen that article, thanks. Actually, that was the first IBM
article I've seen which expicitly stated that MSGKEY can (and should) be
thought of as an integer rather than as a 4-byte character field - something
we all figured out long ago...

I also wrote an article for the SystemiNetwork magazine about a command I
wrote called RMVJLMSG (Remove Job Log Messages), which allows you to remove
job log messages based on a number of criteria (sendng program (generic),
receiving program (generic), message id (generic) and more). It doesn't
include the starting/ending concept, but I've also used that. I thought I
could maybe use that as a basis for this.

I guess you could send either a message at the start of the program, or (if
you need to be more precise) just after the monitor:

monitor;
startMsg();
//do work here
on-error;
removeMsgs();
endmon;

where removeMsgs() would remove all messages since the previous call to
startMsg();

Rory