From: rpg400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:rpg400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Dennis Lovelady
Sent: 19 February 2010 10:04
To: 'RPG programming on the IBM i / System i'
Subject: RE: Subfile performance question

AS/SET does create subfiles. Always has done.

There aren't any recent revisions as AS/SET has now been dropped by
Infor. The latest version came out in 2003, I think ?

I can't imagine how you could use AS/SET and generate 'subfiles'
programs/displays that have individual fields defined rather than a
true
subfile. That would be a nightmare.

Hmmm... On a recent contract, I worked with AS/SET programs, and they
were
as I described. I'll see if I can get more information. "Nightmare" is
an
apt description of whatever it was.

Dennis Lovelady
"I'd like to thank my parents and my mother and father."
-- golfer Greg Norman, accepting an award