Yes the sed looked interesting and I got it to work more or less, and
since I couldn't find any documentation on it thru Google (maybe I was
going about that wrong), I had to go another route. I couldn't get
the
right codepage and the "\r\n" that Dennis had in the sed command gave
me
a "r" and "n" in the file (maybe that to, was codepage related), and
didn't have time to chase it down.

Sorry to hear you had trouble with sed. I still hold that it's a better
solution - from a development standpoint, from an implementation-time
standpoint and from a future-change standpoint - than most others one might
invent. The google search should probably have been for Regular
Expressions. An excellent resource for those is at
http://www.regular-expressions.info/

In any case, I hope you have your working solution soon.

Dennis Lovelady
"The radical of one century is the conservative of the next. The radical
invents the views. When he has worn them out the conservative adopts them."
-- Mark Twain