Wim

Booth Martin <booth@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: rpg400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
04/02/2010 07:37
Please respond to
RPG programming on the IBM i / System i <rpg400-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

cc

Subject
Free form, calling another program to get a value

Free form, calling another program to get a value.

This must be simpler than I am making it. It has to be.

PROGA calls PROGB.

Sometimes there will be one parm sent, and one 20A value expected to be
returned.
Sometimes there will be _no_ parm sent, and no value expected to be
returned.
In fixed format I would have:

c call 'PROGB'
c parm Field20A
c else
c call 'PROGB'
c endif

I have found several ways that don't work, and one klunky way that does
work. There has to be a better way.