Have you tried USRRSTDSP?

I do not think it will work when opening/closing a DSPF, but then only
WINDOWS type DSPFs. Beware, you will see the first background the WINDOW
DSPF was opened.

And, you do not need OVERLAY in all the WINDOW record formats, only when it
is aSFLCTL record format in a WINDOW.

With regards,
Carel Teijgeler