Rick,

As Bruce mentions, that's the wrong way to use *NOPASS.

You need

if %parms() > 3;
wForceRead = ForceRead;
else;
wForceRead = *OFF;
endif;

// Only chain to the loan master if working on a new loan
If PreviousBank <> Bank or PreviousLoan <> LoanNumber or wForceRead;

HTH,
Charles

I ran across what I think is strange behavior in a sub-procedure.

I have a procedure with four parameters.  The fourth, ForceRead, being defined with *NOPASS.  Most calls to this procedure do not pass the ForceRead parameter, only those that require the data file be read to get any updated information.  I am seeing a situation where the ForceRead parameter has a value of 1 in the called procedure even though it wasn't passed by the caller.  Because ForceRead isn't being passed I expected to get something like a null pointer message.  Can anyone explain this to me?

d GetLoanInformation...

d pi

d Found n

d Bank 3s 0 Const

d LoanNumber 12s 0 Const

d ForceRead n Options(*NoPass) Const

// Only chain to the loan master if working on a new loan

If (PreviousBank <> Bank or PreviousLoan <> LoanNumber) or

(%Parms > 3 and ForceRead);

Rick Chevalier
IT Software Solutions - Loan Servicing
[http://www.americredit.com/images/acf_email_sig.gif]

Privileged and Confidential. This e-mail, and any attachments there to, is intended only for use by the addressee(s) named herein and may contain privileged or confidential information. If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify me immediately by a return e-mail and delete this e-mail. You are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this e-mail and/or any attachments thereto, is strictly prohibited.