I've always uses ALWNULL(*USRCTL) on the H spec when dealing with nulls
in RPG.

- Steve

-----Original Message-----
From: rpg400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:rpg400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Doug Palme
Sent: Tuesday, January 05, 2010 11:34 AM
To: RPG programming on the IBM i/System i
Subject: Issue with %NULLIND

This code is inside a procedure and everything compiled ok, but when I
try
to run it, I get a date / timestamp error.

Here is the relevant code snippet:

0045.00 PRecallChk b Export
0045.01 FVndRclMst1if e k disk Static
0047.00 D PI 1n
0048.00 dwItmNo 7 0
0049.00 dwLotNo 20
0049.01 dwUsrDate d
0050.00
0050.01 DwId s 20 0
0050.02 DDateVal s 1 0
0056.00 DRetVal s 1n
0057.00
0057.01 DGetRcd Ds LikeRec(VndRclMstr)
0057.02
0058.01 // Check to see if Item exists in Recall File
0058.02 // If not we end process
0058.03
0058.04 Setll (wItmNo) VndrclMst1;
0058.05 Reade (wItmNo) VndRclMst1 GetRcd;
0058.06 Dow Not %Eof(VndRclMst1);
0058.07 Select;
0058.08 When %NullInd(GetRcd.VrbExpDt) = *On;
0058.09
0058.10 When %NullInd(GetRcd.vreExpDt) = *Off and
0058.11 (wUsrDate >= GetRcd.VrbExpDt and

Everything proceeds fine until it hits the select statement at which
time
I get a Date, Time, or Timestamp value is not valid.

The file has a field that allows for a null date, but it never seems to
get to the null indicator check.

Am I doing something wrong here?