-----Message d'origine-----
[mailto:rpg400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] De la part de Scott Klement

Hello David,

Yes, that's what the OVERLAY keyword does. It causes two
fields to share the same space.

Thanks for the confirmation, Scott. Debugging my bad code was a good way to learn this feature.

If you don't want Index and InfoSF to occupy the same space,
don't tell the compiler to overlay one with the other.

What I was trying to do was sort the results, but I had nothing in the subfile to sort them with. With your example sent by Stephen, if indeed it was yours, explains how I could do this. Eg adding my index to the subfile DDS, ...

I'm not sure that I understand what you're attempting to do
here. What
is "Index"? If it's the RRN of the subfile, then there's
absolutely no
need to sort it if your goal is simply to reverse the order.
Just load it into the array, then read the array backwards...

Do you know what, it didn't even occur to me to do that. Must have been wearing blinkers last Friday.

Thanks.