From the V4R2 DDS Reference:

H.1.1.2 Data Type (Position 35)

The only valid data type for UCS-2 Level 1 data is the G (Graphic)
data type.

G (Graphic) Type G in combination with the CCSID keyword to specify
this field contains UCS-2 Level 1 data.

Normally, by specifying G, the field contains graphic-DBCS data. In
combination with the CCSID keyword, the field now contains UCS-2
Level 1 data. When conversion is necessary between a corresponding
fields in a physical and logical file, data will be mapped between
the characters of the UCS-2 CCSID and the CCSID of the corresponding
field.

I don't know about you, but I read that, and other references in the manuals, as meaning that UCS-2 (essentially the fixed-length version of UTF-16) is a specific DBCS, used for CCSIDs 1200, 13488, and 61952 (and probably others I don't know about).

--
JHHL