Hi Terri
is there another field defined as FSHDTE elsewhere within the program?

Alan Shore
Programmer/Analyst, Distribution
E:AShore@xxxxxxxxxxx
P:(631) 200-5019
C:(631) 880-8640
"If you're going through Hell, keep going" - Winston Churchill

THarteau@felkerbr
others.com
Sent by: To
rpg400-l-bounces@ RPG programming on the IBM i /
midrange.com System i <rpg400-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
cc

11/24/2009 02:26 Subject
PM Re: Data Area Problem

Please respond to
RPG programming
on the IBM i /
System i
<rpg400-l@midrang
e.com>

Hi,

I identified the internal field as packed:
D FshDte S 8P 0 INZ(0)
I thought this was the assumed data type, so I normally do not identify
it. I am still getting the same error in RSE:
RNF5262E Factor 2 operand has data type that is not allowed for this
operation.

But if I compile it in a green screen session, I get the error:
*RNF7064 30 1 The Factor 2 operand of IN or OUT is not a data area.

The data area is in my library list. If I do a WRKOBJ in the *libl, it
shows up as:
FSHDTE *DTAARA V64BPCSPGM Last Date Fishmouth Report

This should not be that difficult! Here is my code:
C *DTAARA DEFINE FSHDTE FshDte
C *LOCK IN FshDte 93

Is there something else I need to do to identify it as a data area? I
would appreciate any help, thanks!

Terri Harteau
Felker Brothers Corporation
"Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path
and leave a trail."
Ralph Waldo Emerson