From: rpg400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:rpg400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of rob@xxxxxxxxx
Sent: Thursday, October 29, 2009 8:49 AM
To: RPG programming on the IBM i / System i
Subject: Re: I need a DSPJOBSPLF that will output to an *outfile. Ideas?

I'd suggest one of two api's, either
List Spooled Files (QUSLSPL)
http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/iseries/v6r1m0/topic/apis/QUSLS
PL.htm

Open List of Spooled Files (QGYOLSPL)
http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/iseries/v6r1m0/topic/apis/qgyol
spl.htm

Do NOT blow over "API Concepts".
http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/iseries/v6r1m0/topic/apiref/api
concept.htm

I'd send you a sample but we use so many includes here that it's not really portable. Besides, doing it from scratch will drill in a hard lesson. Besides, it sounds like now you have the time...

The data queue option is cool, but there's a lot of restrictions as to what get's written on the data queue, like if the spool file is on hold,

etc.

And, how the blazes are you going to put a spool file number in a
control file???? I can see using spool file name, job name, even user defined data, but spool file number?

Rob Berendt