From: rob@xxxxxxxxx
To: RPG programming on the IBM i / System i <rpg400-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 10/29/2009 07:53 AM
Subject: Re: I need a DSPJOBSPLF that will output to an *outfile.
Ideas?
Sent by: rpg400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx

I'd suggest one of two api's, either

List Spooled Files (QUSLSPL)
http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/iseries/v6r1m0/topic/apis/QUSLSPL.htm

Open List of Spooled Files (QGYOLSPL)
http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/iseries/v6r1m0/topic/apis/qgyolspl.htm

Do NOT blow over "API Concepts".
http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/iseries/v6r1m0/topic/apiref/apiconcept.htm

I'd send you a sample but we use so many includes here that it's not
really portable. Besides, doing it from scratch will drill in a hard
lesson. Besides, it sounds like now you have the time...

The data queue option is cool, but there's a lot of restrictions as to
what get's written on the data queue, like if the spool file is on hold,
etc.

And, how the blazes are you going to put a spool file number in a control
file???? I can see using spool file name, job name, even user defined
data, but spool file number?

Rob Berendt