Pessach,

You saw this in a debug session? I wonder if this could be an issue
with optimization...

From help (CRTBNDRPG):
------------------------
Optimization level (OPTIMIZE) - Help

Specifies the level of optimization, if any, of the
module.

*NONE
Generated code is not optimized. This is the fastest
in terms of translation time. It allows variables to
be displayed and modified while in debug mode.

*BASIC
Some optimization is performed on the generated code.
This allows user variables to be displayed but not
modified while in debug mode.

*FULL
Optimization which generates the most efficient code.
Translation time is the longest. User variables may
not be modified but may be displayed, although the
presented values may not be the current values.

Try this to see what optimization was specified...
DSPPGM PGM(thepgm) DETAIL(*MODULE)

hth
-Eric DeLong